Received notice of termination? How and where do I register as unemployed?

The first step for you is to register at the RAV (Regional Employment Office) or at the relevant municipal office. Important: You must appear in person at the RAV/at the municipal office.

Where exactly do you have to go? Here, you can first choose "Regional employment centres" and then search by ZIP code. 


Don't wait to register. Register as unemployed as soon as you have your notice in your hand. The RAV will work on your case even before your employment has ended. However, you should register on the first day of unemployment at the latest, otherwise you will lose the daily allowance for the time before registering!

If you have no previous experience with unemployment, you can find comprehensive information on the website of the federation:

Personally, quickly and directly

You would like to know what we are committed to? Subscribe to our newsletter! If you have any personal concerns, our regional secretaries will be happy to help you.

You will find competent advice and support in the regional secretariats.

Subscribe to newsletter