Am I entitled to unemployment benefit?

If all of the following conditions apply to you, you are entitled to compensation under the federal act on OASI.

  • Unemployed: you are completely or partially unemployed.
  • Loss of income: you lose all or part of your earned income.
  • Residence in Switzerland: You do not need Swiss citizenship, but your place of residence is here.
  • Working age: You have completed compulsory schooling and still have AHV retirement age ahead of you.
  • Contribution period: You have paid contributions to the unemployment insurance fund (ALV) for at least 12 months in the last 2 years before reporting unemployment. More information.
  • Fit for placement: you are willing, able and entitled to accept a reasonable job and to participate in possible integration measures
  • Monitoring rules: You have appeared in person at the information day and at the arranged counselling and control meetings at the office. You are doing everything reasonable to avoid or shorten unemployment.

Personally, quickly and directly

You would like to know what we are committed to? Subscribe to our newsletter! If you have any personal concerns, our regional secretaries will be happy to help you.

You will find competent advice and support in the regional secretariats.

Subscribe to newsletter