Am I entitled to unemployment benefit?
If all of the following conditions apply to you, you are entitled to compensation under the federal act on OASI.
- Unemployed: you are completely or partially unemployed.
- Loss of income: you lose all or part of your earned income.
- Residence in Switzerland: You do not need Swiss citizenship, but your place of residence is here.
- Working age: You have completed compulsory schooling and still have AHV retirement age ahead of you.
- Contribution period: You have paid contributions to the unemployment insurance fund (ALV) for at least 12 months in the last 2 years before reporting unemployment. More information.
- Fit for placement: you are willing, able and entitled to accept a reasonable job and to participate in possible integration measures
- Monitoring rules: You have appeared in person at the information day and at the arranged counselling and control meetings at the office. You are doing everything reasonable to avoid or shorten unemployment.